Friday, May 9, 2008

My Little Dancer




It is amazing to me how quickly we pass from one phase to another in life. Most of the people who know me now don't really know that I was a dancer all of my life. I wouldn't call myself a ballerina, but definately a dancer. I was a dance major in college and got a Master's in Dance from BYU. I used to teach at BYU and I teach an Irish dance class in Waukee now. (Try to imagine my big prego self dancing!Crazy, but true!). I bring this up because, like I said, most of my friends probably don't know this, but it was all I did for a long time in my life! I met Aaron after I graduated from BYU, so he has never really seen me dance either. It is kind of weird that such a huge part of my life is just really my past now! I guess I was feeling a little nostalgic when I got Hallie's first dance pictures the other day. I was flooded with memories of my dancing days and I am excited to see if she will love it like I did! I love my role as wife and mom now and I would not trade it, but sometimes I miss touring and doing shows and the music and really dancing! Thanks for letting me indulge! And- Hallie is an elephant in this picture, just in case you couldn't tell!

8 comments:

Debbi said...

Katie, your post brought tears to my eyes. It's crazy how we all grow up so fast and we never even knew each other as things we used to be. I love Hallie's picture, she is such a cute elephant and what a big girl she is. I don't know how she couldn't love dance like you!

Morgan said...

oh she is too cute. i know what you mean, i miss the touring and performing as well, but like you, would never trade where i am now. i think it would suit me to just take a fun dance class here and there. maybe i can take some classes in NYC... how awesome would that be.

by the way, that is so weird that so many of your friends don't know that about you. you are SUCH a dancer to me... and an AWESOME one at that!

{Erica} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE her picture. When I showed my family they thought Ella was just an elephant ear....lol...seriously! I loved reading this post and it made me think how fast they grow. Thanks for the heads up on Macy's...I've been looking at it all night :)

ps your girls can't get any cuter that's for sure!

allison said...

What a cute little girl, I love the outfit, how creative.

holly said...

She looks so cute! I share your sentiments, exactly. Samantha has a ballet recital this weekend, and I must admit, I wish it were me. I miss it.

mary said...

Hallie is just like you. I get nostalgic for my old days of competitive sports... it is strange to grow up and leave those things that we loved so much. It is so great that we can re-live them through our kids, though. I can totally see that you were a dancer!!

I think you and Aaron need to go to the temple soon...

Maria said...

Katie!!! How fun to find you!
That elephant costume is darling and hilarious at the same time!
Your family is gorgeous!

Andrea said...

SO SO cute Katie! I love it--what an adorable little elephant that Hallie of yours makes! I hope you are doing well :)

I am glad to see the name "Tess" for baby girl is tied for first w/Laynie!

my vote......
TESS TESS TESS TESS TESS TESS TESS