Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dalmation Party


We decided to have Hallie's birthday a couple of weeks early since Grandma was here visiting and today was the big day! We had a dalmation party and it was so much fun! We had the kids all wear black, white or red and we made little doggie ears for them. They decorated collars when they got there and got to choose a puppy name for the party. We played a few "doggie" games, like fetch and roll the ball with your nose. We tried "Doggie Doggie, where's your bone?", but it was a little slow moving for a group of four year olds, so we scratched that. We got doggie dishes for the kids to eat their snacks out of and had a special visit from Cruella Deville! She came in and stole the basket of puppies and the kids had to go on a scavenger hunt to find them. It was so much fun! Daddy and Grandma, with a little help from Mom, made a really cool Dalmation cake and then Hallie opened her presents! She got lots of fun things and has been playing with her new toys all day! Thank you to everyone who came and for those who stayed and helped. It would have been hard to do on our own! I will do a real birthday post for Hallie on her real birthday! Although I have to mention that last night she was crying, having a complete breakdown, missing all of our family and just crying hysterically for about 30 minutes. This morning when I got her up, I asked her if she remembered that it was her party day. She jumped out of bed and said, "Yes, and do you know why I am not crying anymore?" "Why", I asked. "Because I'm 4!" I don't think she quite understood the early birthday idea! Oh well. "That's right Hallie-- that's exactly why!"













5 comments:

The Crowley's said...

such a cute idea, sounds like such a fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea Katie! It looks like they all had a blast too! Your little girls are adorable.

allison said...

what a creative party, it looks like everyone had a great time.

Sarah said...

Yay for birthday parites, what a fun idea! It looks like you had a blast, way to be a cool mom!

Megan and Shawn said...

Katie I can't tell you how hard I laughed at Hallie's face with the HS Musical gift! She is so cute. Kuddos to you for the great Dalmation Party ideas. Sam wanted to do something with Dalmations and I was at a loss for ideas, so now I might steal yours!