Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More Halloween Fun!

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE holidays! Admittedly I listen to Christmas music WAY before the world thinks it is acceptable, I use corresponding napkins for every holiday, even St. Patrick's Day and I completely rearrange my decor to accent the festivities, taking down family pictures and replacing them with glowing spiders and misting pumpkins! And I love it! I love it even more that my kids appreciate it now. They get so excited with me and make it all worth it! Last night our FHE was "Halloween" themed. We carved our pumpkin, and made a really cool witch dinner! I often look at other moms and think, "how do they come up with such fun ideas for their kids and where do they find the time to be such supermoms?" Well, last night, for one second, I felt like a supermom! Of course, I woke up this morning to the mess from last night that I didn't have the energy to clean and felt more normal; less super! Anyway, it was a fun night! We go Trick or Treating tonight. In Iowa we celebrate Halloween the night before! Weird, but we are excited.

For soome reason the formatting is being weird, so I will quickly explain the following pics. The first two are carving the pumpkin, Hallie with an interesting untensil, but whatever! And the third picture is the finished product, a glowing cat! Next is our witch dinner, made with meatloaf, mashed potatoes and squash. And the last was from the "Trunk or Treat" We went as the Wizard of Oz. Hallie was quick to remind everyone that she was not a princess, but was Glinda, the nice witch, and mom is the mean witch . Mag was Dorothy, the center of the whole theme, and too interested in her candy to even look up! Dad was quite possibly the world's largest munchkin! We thouight it was pretty funny!












11 comments:

Sarah said...

I would not even recognize you in that witch outfit, way to go! i would have to say you are waaaayyy past super mom, dont ever think otherwise.

{Erica} said...

serioiusly the coolest family costumes there that night! I love that aaron looks better than me in tights :D. That witch dinner is awesome...what a great idea.

Debbi said...

Katie - you are such a super mom all the time!!! I love your meatloaf,that looks like so much fun! I love that you got your whole family in a theme, I wish I could do that!

mar said...

kate-

i agree, you are definitely super mom. i love it. why are you and your family the cutest?

mar said...

ps- donatello is marisa- don't ask why...:)

Lark said...

Hi Katie! I was so excited to see you post a comment on my page! Its great to see your little family and hear about your life as a super-mom. I totally feel how you do--how do these ladies do it? They must sacrifice naps and I cannot :) Anyway, we are in Vegas. Just moved here in May from Tucson AZ where we were for the last 5 years. Parker is doing his residency in general surgery. Our Halloween was a much different experience, typical of our town. Looks so beautiful where you live! Fun to see your exciting month of activities. Keep in touch!
Lark

Jennilyn said...

Hey Katie, I am tagging you...see my page. You write 6 things about yourself/life and then tag 6 other people. If you want to. See ya later.

Andrea said...

Hey Katie!! What fun Halloween pics. I just saw your page off of Jennilyn's link. This may be our best way of keeping track of what is going on in each other's lives since the ward split :( Oh well--I hope to talk to you later

whitney said...

katie, you make an awesome witch! cute kids, cute costumes, cute everything.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Katie- I am not sure if you remember me from folkdancing-BUT I saw your blog on Kerry and Tony's and had to peek-Your little family is DARLING!!! And you look beautiful. What fun Halloween picts. Thanks for letting me peek!
Alicia Hutchings Sorensen

Amanda Neilson said...

Hello!! I just found your blog today. I love all the "linka-links" that keep us connected. Your girls are so beautiful! They look just like you!.