Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Zoo

I just had to write about Hallie and the zoo the other day. It was Monday, labor day, and Hallie was SOOOOOO excited to have the day off school. She woke up late and laid around in her jammies watching cartoons all morning. She must have seen a commercial for the zoo and came running into the kitchen, "Mom, we HAVE to go to the zoo today. There are new animals and I REALLY want to go see them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we go to the zoo?". If you know Hallie, you can only imagine the excitement and animation on her face as she begged to go to the zoo. How could I resist? We decided right then and there we had better get ready and get to the zoo. Once we were in the car, I asked Hallie to tell me about the new animals and what we were going to see. "Oh mom, you are going to be so excited. They got new BIRDS! The new birds are called PIGEONS. Yea mom, we are going to get to see pigeons today!" Oh, to be as excitable as a five year old! Well, let me tell you, we saw some some pigeons and Hallie was completely satisfied. And so was I!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I love it! That is hilarious. Kids are so easy to please. We might have to make a trip to the zoo to see the new birds! :)

Shae said...

okay, so you have been to the zoo which tells me that you are okay!LOL give me a call when you can or send your address to me through a facebook message or something. i love ya. so glad that you all had a great time!! by the way, i need some help posting pics on here. i downloaded 2 on my blog page but they went to the side instead of the middle....what is that about?! love you bunches xoxo

Cassie said...

That story is hilarious! I bet you were like oh my goodness this is why we are going?! We have some around our apts some time, next time I will call you so you don't have to go all the way to the zoo ;)

Ashley Webb said...

Hahaha! What a cute story! I also love your girl's pictures a few post down - they turned out so darling! Did Mary do them?