Monday, February 23, 2009

Hodgepodge!

It has been forever and I need to do a quick update! I have been busy trying to organize my life and I am finding that I am not very good at it! It is still FREEZING here in Iowa and I am ready for Spring, to say the least. We have been up to all kinds of things trying to stay busy and have had lots fun at it! Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks. Happy Valentine's Day.
We went out to breakfast this morning to celebrate! We look really tired and much less glamorous than we used to on valentine's day, but love each other a hundred times more!
Grandma and the girls made a beautiful heart cake to celebrate.

I had to throw this in here. Magg got into my makeup again! That kid is something else!
The DMU Winter Gala. I had to put this picture with the girls. They were so excited about the gala. They asked me if I was going to a "real" ball. Of course I said yes. Then when I was ready and put my dress on, they seriously both gasped and said, "You look so beautiful mom! Which princess are you?" Maggie's new thing is "I wish" ( I wish I had that toy, I wish I had a cookie like that little boy, I wish I was big like you mom and could wear that beautiful dress!) They were so sweet and so excited.


Happy Birthday Daddy! Hope you love the cake!

12 comments:

Celeste Adams said...

You guys all look so beautiful all dressed up for the Gala. It brings back some great memories. I love the cute cakes you make. Very creative.

Anne said...

you look gorgeous, katie! what an awesome dress. love you.

Chelsi said...

Looks like you guys have been up to fun things! You both look so great all dressed up, that is always so fun! Your girls are growing so fast, I love getting on here and seeing them, once a year doesn't cut it. Hope you guys are doing well. Love you!

Cassie said...

Katie you did look absolutely gorgeous!! That dress was awesome!! I love the catch up on you guys, hopefully we will get to your house this month to visit!

Shane and Jill said...

You look so beautiful in that dress Katie...great pick! You always look great though...Happy Late Bday Aaron!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Oh my goodness. I love it. I love you.

Em and Klint said...

Ok so there are several pictures in here that I just love. The one of the three girls with Laynie sqeezed in the middle. Then Maggie getting into your makeup so funny. Then in the picture of the three girls with Aaron. Laynie looks like a raga muffin! Love the update! Love you

Elise said...

You looked so pretty at "the ball." I love your dress. Your girls are so cute. I love hearing the things they say. The picture of all of you outside is super cute.

Jennilyn said...

You guys looked so cute at the gala. Of course the year we don't go everyone goes. I hope you all had a great time. See you in a couple of days.

Paige said...

Hey Kate...Love the new pictures...the Gala looked so fun...wow we really do need a "ball" every once and a while so that we have an excuse to get dressed up! I'm glad you guys went! there has got to be a story behind the Cars birthday cake....It was cute though!!

Leanne said...

You do look beautiful all dressed up for the winter gala. I hope you had fun at the "ball." Your girls are darling as well.

Kami said...

Kate you look so beautiful, you look pretty good to bro. We love seeing the kids, can't wait until we get to see ya for real, until then I will forever be thankful for blogging!