Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Water Safety

Okay, I have no idea how to post a video on my blog, but I hope this link will work. My friend just sent this video to me and while it drove me CRAZY to watch, it really amazed me at what little ones can do. I have a huge fear of having a child drown and I though this was really reassuring that kids can be taught to survive a fall into water. So I am passing it along. I checked out the website and it is based in AZ, but once they have 30 parents sign up in an area, they will send an instructor. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting.


http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

6 comments:

Debbi said...

my sister in law sent this to me and it is amazing! I can't get over it - maybe we can get 30 people to sign up! I'm game, but will probably be gone this summer when they do the classes (unless they will do it at the Y?)

Megan and Shawn said...

So I watched this with Sam it gave him the total freak out! He was like why is that baby there alone!!! Anyways, it is good to know, but a little scary...

Amanda Neilson said...

My sister sent me that same video. I think it is really impressive, but it still always gives me the willies. Babies and water have plagued my nightmares for too long I guess

StrongerFamilies said...

I hadn't looked in a while and apparently you've been busy posting! Aaron, your family looks great. It's exciting to see the work you two are putting into being parents and taking care of each other. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

This was crazy!! I cannot believe it and neither can Joseph. That is totally awesome. Well I finally joined the blogging world so come see my page... www.jankejungle.blogspot.com

mary said...

OH MY GOSH! IT still freaks me out, even after seeing that baby get rescued. I will totally sign up... do you think we could really get 30 people? It scares me even thinking about it.